Inspirations from the Holy Land K/N/A Life in the Married Lane

This blog began as a way to keep in touch from abroad, but has developed into a way to keep in touch from married life (which seems to be trickier to do!).

4.6.06

Tuesday

I ran into Raizy Golumbeck this morning at Barnes & Noble. She asked me,

"So, are you going to Israel soon?"

"Tuesday."

"Wow! You're going to love it! Have a great trip!" (paraphrased)

The conversation gave me pause. Six months ago I was answering that same question with a much more detached response. Sure, I was excited to be going, but it seemed so far away and the emotion was much less tangible. However, as the time flew by and the amounts of days preceding my departure shortened, my excitement grew. I remember thinking only two weeks ago that soon I would be answering that question with a one word.

That day is here.

* * *

There was a beautiful Shalosh Seudas at the home of the Franks (I guess soon I'll be saying "Seudah Shlishit!"). So many wonderful people came by to wish me well, and there was delicious food, inspiring words, uplifting zemiros (songs) and even a guest appearance by Rabbi Yari! It was a wonderful, yet bittersweet, meal. I was surrounded by my extended family, yet I knew that I would not be seeing many of them for quite some time. To everyone who came by or helped in any way - THANK YOU! I'll miss everyone so much, but, b'ezras Hashem (with G-d's help), we'll keep in touch!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rivki said...

Of course I brough a camera! I will try to post as much as I can! Thanks!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://google-machine.info/1870.html and http://neveo.info/1836.html

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home