Inspirations from the Holy Land K/N/A Life in the Married Lane

This blog began as a way to keep in touch from abroad, but has developed into a way to keep in touch from married life (which seems to be trickier to do!).

8.9.06

Playing "House"

As you might recall, my friends and I moved into a new building on campus, "Building 4." This building has a kitchen on each floor, which, compared to the counter which comprised our kitchen in the previous building, is a huge luxury! Some of the girls on the floor are very health conscious (a trait which I don't mind if it rubs off on me!), and go to the shuk (open-air market) to purchase fresh fruit and vegetables with which to make yummy salads. At first I was of the mindset of "I'm already paying for food in my tuition, why would I spend money on food outside of that?", but then, after seeing these scrumptious, delectable meals and salads the girls were making, and seeing the negligible price of produce, I changed my mind.

So, now at dinner-time, a handful of us gather in the kitchen and prepare fresh, delicious salads and munch on our healthy meals in the privacy of our apartment. This is really such a treat, especially since hordes of girls have descended on the Neve Campus (the other seminaries have begun to arrive), and the din in the cafeteria is a force to be reckoned with!

Classes are still amazing. I feel like I've been learning for two months rather than two weeks! It's such an amazing experience. What a privelege!

Okay, time to start getting ready for Shabbos. Have a good Shabbos!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Isn't Shabbos here in Eretz Yisrael WONDERFUL?! I hope you had a good one, Rivki!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home