Inspirations from the Holy Land K/N/A Life in the Married Lane

This blog began as a way to keep in touch from abroad, but has developed into a way to keep in touch from married life (which seems to be trickier to do!).

2.10.06

Yom Kippur

Wow. You'll have to excuse that this post will most likely be only semi-intelligible.

We ended our tefillos (prayers) around 4 hours ago for Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. A day totally devoted to cleansing ourselves and getting as close to the Almighty as possible. A day spent in the synagogue immersed in heartfelt prayer. At the very end of the day, at the Neilah service (the last service), at the very end, I looked over at my friend Sharon, who was davening (praying) next to me, and she had this wide grin on her face. And so did I! I guess it was the feeling of being squeaky clean, no more ugly sin stains!

Let's stay this way!!

Only a few days until Succos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home