Inspirations from the Holy Land K/N/A Life in the Married Lane

This blog began as a way to keep in touch from abroad, but has developed into a way to keep in touch from married life (which seems to be trickier to do!).

2.12.06

I knew this would happen!

I had a sneaking suspicion that once the ball got rolling, so to speak, on classes, my ability/desire to continue to update would wane. Well, I was right! To compound the matter, my camera is not functioning so well (that means not at all), and so I don't even have pictures to post. However, I can tell you what the pictures would be of: the classroom in which I essentially live!

Learning is really, really amazing. We learn a lot inside (this means only in Hebrew), and it's so exciting to be able to read Rashi without translation (with a dictionary, of course!). My vocabulary keeps growing, and it's very, very exciting. Also, hashgafically (philosophically) the classes are phenomenal. It helps that St. Louis provided such solid footing so that when I came here I could grow from a nice holding point.

I've been developing kesherim (connections) with Rabbeim (and Rebbetzins) - mainly Rabbi Chalkowski (he's my Rav!), Rebbetzin Bulman, Rebbetzin Levitan and Rabbi Keleman. Between them, I'm taken care of! They are all so insightful. There are times wehn I go in to Rabbi Chalkowski to ask a question and he answers questions I didn't even realize I had! Also, my Eim Bayis (House Mother) is also very special, and always available for advice, or to borrow stain remover, or give me leftover kugel. I love it!!

My hebrew birthday was recently (6 Kislev), and my roommate treated me to a trip to the Kosel. It was really incredible. It's hard to understand where I was only a year ago. It's very, very exciting.

So, in short, I love love Israel and Neve and all my friends and all my classes and I really have no complaints, Baruch Hashem!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home