Inspirations from the Holy Land K/N/A Life in the Married Lane

This blog began as a way to keep in touch from abroad, but has developed into a way to keep in touch from married life (which seems to be trickier to do!).

11.6.07

summer sabbatical

Tzipora Elefant's wedding was such a treat!! Baruch Hashem I was able to go. Really a wonderful Simcha. I ended up staying in Williamsburg that night (no one was going anywhere near Manhattan and I was not crazy enough to take the public transport from Brooklyn), and shopping the next day. The family I stayed with was the Hoffman's and they were so sweet. It was such a nice experience! When I was out on the street that day I felt a little bit like I was in Geulah/Meah Shearim because of all the chassidic ladies (and men) in the street. It was so nice.

But...back to St. Louis. Shabbos was nice, if a little weird. Everything in St. Louis is kind of the same, except everyone has a new sheitel. And there are more Starbucks everywhere. And we have a Macy's. Stuff like that. B'ezras Hashem, I'll be back to Israel soon!

Considering this blog is titled "Inspirations from the Holy Land," and St. Louis doesn't really fall into the category of holy... I think I'll take a brief hiatus from detailing my life until I return to Eretz HaKodesh around Elul. Have a great summer!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home